Police: Man hit teen on flight over iPhone
BOISE, ID -- Police say an Idaho man on a Southwest Airlines flight from Las Vegas punched a teenage passenger who refused to turn off his iPhone as the plane approached the Boise airport.
Officers arrested 68-year-old Russell E. Miller, of Boise, late Tuesday on suspicion of misdemeanor battery.
Witnesses told police the 15-year-old was playing games and listening to music on his cell phone when flight attendants instructed passengers to turn off their electronic devices because the plane was landing.
Witnesses told police that when the teen didn't respond, Miller got angry and punched the boy in the arm.
Jail records show Miller has been released from police custody, but he couldn't be reached for comment. The two phone listings for Russell Miller in the Boise area were disconnected.
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday 4 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 50 min ago
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- HISD expanding dual language program