ABC News Report: Astronaut Kopra breaks hip
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- ABC News is reporting it has confirmation from at least two sources that Astronaut Tim Kopra has broken his hip and it's serious enough that he will likely not make this next space shuttle mission.
More details about his injury, which was caused in a bicycle accident, are expected to come on Tuesday.Kopra, who was the first member of the International Space Station to Tweet in space, was scheduled as the lead spacewalker for next month's shuttle Discovery launch, but his injury could delay the final mission for Discovery. That was scheduled for February 24. The latest news about his injury is the latest in a series of setbacks for the mission.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle