NJ cook jailed for putting hair in cop's sandwich
EVESHAM, N.J. -- A former cook at a New Jersey restaurant is getting 15 days in jail for adding an unwelcome ingredient to a police officer's bagel sandwich.
Twenty-seven-year-old Ryan Burke admitted putting his own pubic and chest hairs in the sandwich in February 2010. He pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and retaliation for a past official action.
The Courier-Post of Cherry Hill reports a judge sentenced Burke last week to 15 days in prison, to be served on weekends. He's also ordered to serve two years of probation.
Authorities say the Evesham police officer had previously stopped Burke for a traffic violation.
new jersey, national/world
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 27 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 46 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- Steelers' coach slapped with six-figure fine
- Casey Curry's midday weather forecast
49 min ago