Frankfurt airport bus speeds into group, kills 1
BERLIN, Germany -- Police say a bus at Frankfurt's international airport sped into a group of passers-by, killing one and injuring five others, two severely.
Police spokesman Manfred Fuellhardt said the bus, carrying airport employees, hit people who were waiting at a bus stop at one of the hub's entrance gates Thursday morning.
He said police do not yet know what caused the accident. The bus driver is suffering from shock and was also hospitalized.
A spokeswoman for Frankfurt Airport, continental Europe's second-biggest hub, said it is likely the injured were airport employees trying to get to work.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 5 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus 18 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 22 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again! 50 min ago
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature 46 min ago