After 54 years, Wis. woman charged in baby's death
MILWAUKEE, WI -- More than half a century after a Wisconsin baby died of a head injury, the infant's mother has been charged with murder.
It's a charge that leaves the woman's sister conflicted.
Seventy-four-year-old Ruby Klokow of Sheboygan is accused of causing her daughter's fatal injuries in 1957.
Prosecutors charged her this month, after her son came forward in 2008 with allegations of horrific childhood abuse.
Klokow is due in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing. Her attorney says she plans to plead not guilty.
Klokow's sister, 69-year-old Judith Post, says she remembers watching Klokow toss her baby daughter Jeaneen several feet to the ground. She says her sister also used to abuse her and their siblings.
Post says she's forgiven her sister and will leave her punishment up to God.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos