Conn. woman charged with keeping son in dog crate
OLD SAYBROOK, CT -- Police say a Connecticut woman is facing charges for making her son sleep in a locked dog crate because he was acting out and soiling his bed.
Kathlyn Anthony of Old Saybrook was released on $100,000 bond following an initial court appearance Monday on a charge of risk of injury to a minor.
The 54-year-old woman was arrested Sunday after an investigation. Police say the boy's sister told school officials that she was tired because she kept getting up at night to let her brother out of his "sleep locker."
Police say the crate was 36 inches by 22 inches, and 30 inches high.
Anthony told police she had been seeking outside help for the boy's behavior. She refused to comment outside court.
Police didn't disclose the boy's age.
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 2 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 56 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged 4 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 59 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
31 min ago