Conn. woman charged with keeping son in dog crate
OLD SAYBROOK, CT -- Police say a Connecticut woman is facing charges for making her son sleep in a locked dog crate because he was acting out and soiling his bed.
Kathlyn Anthony of Old Saybrook was released on $100,000 bond following an initial court appearance Monday on a charge of risk of injury to a minor.
The 54-year-old woman was arrested Sunday after an investigation. Police say the boy's sister told school officials that she was tired because she kept getting up at night to let her brother out of his "sleep locker."
Police say the crate was 36 inches by 22 inches, and 30 inches high.
Anthony told police she had been seeking outside help for the boy's behavior. She refused to comment outside court.
Police didn't disclose the boy's age.
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 3 min ago
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea