NYPD: Man injects poison in wife; drinks it, dies
NEW YORK -- The NYPD says a man injected his wife with a poisonous liquid, then drank some himself and later died.
The 35-year-old woman, Erlendy Flores, is in a coma in critical condition.
Police tell the Wall Street Journal that the couple had argued on Sunday and the woman spent the night at her sister's apartment in the same Bronx building. The next day, police say, she returned to her apartment to collect her things while her brother waited outside for her.
Police say the husband, 41-year-old Flavio Godoy, stuck a syringe in Flores' buttocks while she was bent over packing her clothes. He then drank the same liquid from a cup.
The state Department of Environmental Protection will examine the liquid.
new york city, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 30 min ago
- Photos: Jaguars 27, Texans 20 (F) 10 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 40 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss 6 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents