NYPD: Man injects poison in wife; drinks it, dies
NEW YORK -- The NYPD says a man injected his wife with a poisonous liquid, then drank some himself and later died.
The 35-year-old woman, Erlendy Flores, is in a coma in critical condition.
Police tell the Wall Street Journal that the couple had argued on Sunday and the woman spent the night at her sister's apartment in the same Bronx building. The next day, police say, she returned to her apartment to collect her things while her brother waited outside for her.
Police say the husband, 41-year-old Flavio Godoy, stuck a syringe in Flores' buttocks while she was bent over packing her clothes. He then drank the same liquid from a cup.
The state Department of Environmental Protection will examine the liquid.
new york city, national/world
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 48 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 51 min ago
- Hail coming down in parts of viewing area 24 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 6 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison 43 min ago
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Hail comes down in Stafford
14 min ago