Ex-Conn. prep school dean pleads in sex assaults
LITCHFIELD, CT -- The former dean of an exclusive Connecticut boarding school has pleaded guilty in a case accusing him of sexually assaulting students.
Robert Reinhardt pleaded guilty Tuesday to risk of injury to a minor and three counts of second-degree sexual assault a day before jury selection was to start in his trial.
He pleaded under the Alford doctrine. That means he doesn't agree with all allegations but acknowledges there is enough evidence for conviction.
He was sentenced to 27 years, 9 1/2 of those in prison and the rest on probation. He faced up to 60 years if convicted. He must also register as a sex offender.
Four male former students at The Gunnery School in Washington, Conn., had accused the 46-year-old Reinhardt of abuse.
Reinhardt's lawyer calls the sentence "significant."
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 30 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 49 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course