Ex-Conn. prep school dean pleads in sex assaults
LITCHFIELD, CT -- The former dean of an exclusive Connecticut boarding school has pleaded guilty in a case accusing him of sexually assaulting students.
Robert Reinhardt pleaded guilty Tuesday to risk of injury to a minor and three counts of second-degree sexual assault a day before jury selection was to start in his trial.
He pleaded under the Alford doctrine. That means he doesn't agree with all allegations but acknowledges there is enough evidence for conviction.
He was sentenced to 27 years, 9 1/2 of those in prison and the rest on probation. He faced up to 60 years if convicted. He must also register as a sex offender.
Four male former students at The Gunnery School in Washington, Conn., had accused the 46-year-old Reinhardt of abuse.
Reinhardt's lawyer calls the sentence "significant."
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas 48 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos