Mom sues teacher after Facebook post
CHICAGO, IL -- A Chicago Public Schools teacher, who posted a picture of a second grade student online, is now the focus of a lawsuit
The child's mother, Lucinda Williams, says her daughter asked her to attach colorful candies to the end of her braids after she saw it in a magazine.
The girl's teacher posted a photo of the girl with the candies in her hair on Facebook.com. Williams says several people posted several comments on the Facebook photo, mocking her daughter. As a result, she says she suffered severe emotional distress.
Williams is suing the teacher as well as CPS. Chicago Public Schools is investigating. The teacher and principal have apologized to Williams.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water 49 min ago
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos