Church of England prayer for royal couple
LONDON, England -- The Church of England has published a prayer in advance of the royal wedding asking God's help for Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton to be faithful.
Church leaders say the prayer can be used in private prayer or in group worship.
The prayer published Thursday seeks God's help so that the couple can live in lifelong faithfulness to each other. They plan to marry April 29 at Westminster Abbey.
The new prayer seeks God's help to strengthen the couple's will and deepen their love for one another.
Roman Catholic leaders in England and Wales have also issued a similar prayer on behalf of William and Middleton.
royal wedding, kate middleton, prince william, national/world
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 2 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 43 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers