Church of England prayer for royal couple
LONDON, England -- The Church of England has published a prayer in advance of the royal wedding asking God's help for Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton to be faithful.
Church leaders say the prayer can be used in private prayer or in group worship.
The prayer published Thursday seeks God's help so that the couple can live in lifelong faithfulness to each other. They plan to marry April 29 at Westminster Abbey.
The new prayer seeks God's help to strengthen the couple's will and deepen their love for one another.
Roman Catholic leaders in England and Wales have also issued a similar prayer on behalf of William and Middleton.
royal wedding, kate middleton, prince william, national/world
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 5 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 46 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 40 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire