Church of England prayer for royal couple
LONDON, England -- The Church of England has published a prayer in advance of the royal wedding asking God's help for Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton to be faithful.
Church leaders say the prayer can be used in private prayer or in group worship.
The prayer published Thursday seeks God's help so that the couple can live in lifelong faithfulness to each other. They plan to marry April 29 at Westminster Abbey.
The new prayer seeks God's help to strengthen the couple's will and deepen their love for one another.
Roman Catholic leaders in England and Wales have also issued a similar prayer on behalf of William and Middleton.
royal wedding, kate middleton, prince william, national/world
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston