Prince William invites entire unit to his wedding
LONDON, England -- Members of Prince William's search-and-rescue unit say all 27 of them have been invited to attend the royal wedding later this month.Crew members of the C Flight 22 unit at Royal Air Force Valley on the Welsh island of Anglesey say that they and their partners will be attending the ceremony at Westminster Abbey on April 29.
Flight Cmdr. Iain "Spike" Wright, William's line manager, said he was dumbfounded by the invitation, saying it was a "great honor" and would be "quite good fun."
Flight Lt. Thomas "Sticky" Bunn, said Thursday that the Buckingham Palace-stamped invitation was "not something you see every day."
Other search-and-rescue crews will pitch in to help cover the unit's shifts while they take three days off for the festivities.
royal wedding, kate middleton, prince william, national/world
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail