Suspect cuffed to chair escapes from NY police
BUFFALO, NY -- If you're in Buffalo and see a man handcuffed to a chair, call police. They'd like the chair back, along with the guy shackled to it.
Authorities are looking for a robbery suspect who escaped from a Buffalo police station by slipping out a back door while handcuffed to a chair.
Police tell Buffalo media outlets that 58-year-old John Caesar of Buffalo was taken into custody Tuesday for questioning in connection with the theft of money from the Anchor Bar, the restaurant known for inventing the city's famous chicken wings.
Officials say Caesar was handcuffed to a chair in a police station when he escaped around 4 p.m. Police say the chair is missing and Caesar may still be handcuffed to it.
new york, national/world
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare 33 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 56 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown 35 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program
- 5TH WARD REVITAL
46 min ago