School administrator faces 120 sex charges
FAYETTEVILLE, NC -- Detectives in North Carolina charged a private school administrator on Thursday with sex charges involving a minor.
Craig Steven Wheeler, 49, of Fayetteville, is charged with 120 counts which include committing sexual acts with a student, statutory sex offense and taking indecent liberties with a minor.
Investigators say Wheeler is the administrator of Eastover Christian Academy located in Eastover, North Carolina. He allegedly engaged in inappropriate behavior with a 14-year-old girl on the school's campus.
Detectives say Wheeler set up a makeshift residence at the school and began his relationship with the girl in June 2008 and it ended in September 2009.
Wheeler is being processed in the Cumberland County Detention Center and no bond has been set.
north carolina, national/world
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home