School administrator faces 120 sex charges
FAYETTEVILLE, NC -- Detectives in North Carolina charged a private school administrator on Thursday with sex charges involving a minor.
Craig Steven Wheeler, 49, of Fayetteville, is charged with 120 counts which include committing sexual acts with a student, statutory sex offense and taking indecent liberties with a minor.
Investigators say Wheeler is the administrator of Eastover Christian Academy located in Eastover, North Carolina. He allegedly engaged in inappropriate behavior with a 14-year-old girl on the school's campus.
Detectives say Wheeler set up a makeshift residence at the school and began his relationship with the girl in June 2008 and it ended in September 2009.
Wheeler is being processed in the Cumberland County Detention Center and no bond has been set.
north carolina, national/world
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
5 min ago