Royal wedding guests enter Westminster Abbey
LONDON -- Guests attending the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton have started entering Westminster Abbey.The Great North Door opened Friday morning under three hours before the ceremony is due to begin. About 1,900 immaculately dressed guests, including fellow royals from around the world, a smattering of pop stars, sports idols and dignitaries, will jam the abbey.
A number of famous people were left off the guest list, including President Barack Obama and most other world leaders. Also not invited were Britain's last two prime ministers, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, in a snub to their Labour Party, which traditionally is not as strong a backer of the monarchy as the ruling Conservatives.
royal wedding, kate middleton, prince william, national/world
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 38 min ago
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase 51 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket 25 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 21 min ago
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston 37 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 56 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products