Royal wedding guests enter Westminster Abbey
LONDON -- Guests attending the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton have started entering Westminster Abbey.The Great North Door opened Friday morning under three hours before the ceremony is due to begin. About 1,900 immaculately dressed guests, including fellow royals from around the world, a smattering of pop stars, sports idols and dignitaries, will jam the abbey.
A number of famous people were left off the guest list, including President Barack Obama and most other world leaders. Also not invited were Britain's last two prime ministers, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, in a snub to their Labour Party, which traditionally is not as strong a backer of the monarchy as the ruling Conservatives.
royal wedding, kate middleton, prince william, national/world
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 23 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race 15 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign 6 min ago
- Coach accused of tattooing a minor
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- 2 teens arrested for Sienna Plantation vandalism 31 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak