Miami man dies on plane, flight diverted to Va.
NORFOLK, VA -- A 73-year-old passenger who was complaining of feeling ill has died on board an American Airlines flight and the plane has been diverted to Virginia.
Norfolk Airport Authority executive director Wayne Shank says the New York-to-Miami flight landed at Norfolk International Airport shortly before 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The passenger had complained he wasn't feeling well about 20 minutes after the flight took off from John F. Kennedy International Airport. Crew members' efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Shank says the state medical examiner's office will determine what caused his death. He declined to release the man's name, but said he was a Miami resident.
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 1 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 6 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?