Boat explosion leaves 1 dead, 9 injured in Pa.
ERIE, PA -- Officials say a 25-year-old woman was killed instantly when the powerboat she was on exploded after refueling at the Erie Yacht Club in Pennsylvania.
Erie County Coroner Lyell Cook says Erin Carlisle died in the blast Monday evening. Her husband, Ryan, was injured in the explosion. Cook ruled the woman's death an accident.
Police tell the Erie Times-News that at least nine people were hurt when the 32-foot vessel blew up shortly after refueling around 6:30 p.m. Four of the injured were aboard the boat and the remaining five were on the dock.
The cause of the explosion remains under investigation.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!