Boat explosion leaves 1 dead, 9 injured in Pa.
ERIE, PA -- Officials say a 25-year-old woman was killed instantly when the powerboat she was on exploded after refueling at the Erie Yacht Club in Pennsylvania.
Erie County Coroner Lyell Cook says Erin Carlisle died in the blast Monday evening. Her husband, Ryan, was injured in the explosion. Cook ruled the woman's death an accident.
Police tell the Erie Times-News that at least nine people were hurt when the 32-foot vessel blew up shortly after refueling around 6:30 p.m. Four of the injured were aboard the boat and the remaining five were on the dock.
The cause of the explosion remains under investigation.
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 23 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing 21 min ago
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong'
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- Casey Curry's Tuesday weather forecast
22 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos