Police: Philly woman offered $1K for ex's death
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- Police in Philadelphia say a 20-year-old woman posted an open offer of $1,000 to kill the father of her child and a man responded that he'd do the killing.
Investigators say London Eley posted a message last month saying, "I will pay somebody a stack to kill my baby father."
Authorities say 18-year-old Timothy Bynum, of nearby Darby, offered to do the killing and Eley provided an address and description of her ex-boyfriend, who contacted police.
Officers who searched Bynum's home say they found a .22-caliber handgun.
Eley is charged with solicitation to commit murder and Bynum is charged with attempted murder and conspiracy. Neither has posted bail.
Bynum's mother tells KYW-TV her son is innocent and she's hiring him a lawyer.
pennsylvania, facebook, national/world
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course