Police: US Airways employee stowed away on flight
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Authorities say a US Airways employee was arrested in Pittsburgh after allegedly stowing away on an earlier flight from Florida to North Carolina.
Allegheny County police Superintendent Charles Moffatt tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review the employee was arrested shortly before noon after getting off a flight at Pittsburgh International Airport. He did not release the man's name.
The Transportation Security Administration says it is investigating whether the employee improperly used his airport credentials to get on a flight traveling from Tampa, Fla. to Charlotte, N.C. Police said he was spotted leaving the cargo area there.
Moffatt says the employee apparently had a ticket for the flight to Pittsburgh. He says the man asked to be taken for a psychiatric evaluation after being taken into custody.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 33 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 27 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child 11 min ago
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk 48 min ago
- House fire claims woman's life in NE Harris Co. 19 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide 23 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 53 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos