Plane makes emergency landing on SC rail tracks
RIDGEVILLE, SC -- A small plane had to make an emergency landing on the railroad tracks in the middle of a small South Carolina town.
The Post and Courier of Charleston reports the Piper Super Cub landed on the tracks in the town of Ridgeville on Saturday.
No one was hurt. The pilot managed to avoid businesses and homes near the tracks. A wing was bent when it hit lights at an intersection. The plane was pulled off the tracks late Saturday.
The plane had been pulling advertising banners and the owner says it may have had engine problems. The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating.
south carolina, national/world
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 8 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 2 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk 23 min ago
- House fire claims woman's life in NE Harris Co. 1 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 28 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game 45 min ago