Edwards team due in NC courtroom for hearing
RALEIGH, NC -- John Edwards' defense team is slated to be in a federal court in North Carolina to talk with prosecutors about evidence and motions in preparation for trial on charges of campaign finance law violations.Court records show the hearing scheduled late Tuesday morning in Greensboro. It was not immediately clear if Edwards will appear in court with his attorneys.
The two-time Democratic presidential candidate and former U.S. Senator from North Carolina was charged after a two-year investigation into whether he used campaign contributions to cover up an extramarital affair.
He has pleaded not guilty to four counts of illegal campaign contributions and charges of conspiracy and making false statements.
north carolina, national/world
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer