Edwards team due in NC courtroom for hearing
RALEIGH, NC -- John Edwards' defense team is slated to be in a federal court in North Carolina to talk with prosecutors about evidence and motions in preparation for trial on charges of campaign finance law violations.Court records show the hearing scheduled late Tuesday morning in Greensboro. It was not immediately clear if Edwards will appear in court with his attorneys.
The two-time Democratic presidential candidate and former U.S. Senator from North Carolina was charged after a two-year investigation into whether he used campaign contributions to cover up an extramarital affair.
He has pleaded not guilty to four counts of illegal campaign contributions and charges of conspiracy and making false statements.
north carolina, national/world
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 23 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 21 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 3 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
6 min ago