Edwards team due in NC courtroom for hearing
RALEIGH, NC -- John Edwards' defense team is slated to be in a federal court in North Carolina to talk with prosecutors about evidence and motions in preparation for trial on charges of campaign finance law violations.Court records show the hearing scheduled late Tuesday morning in Greensboro. It was not immediately clear if Edwards will appear in court with his attorneys.
The two-time Democratic presidential candidate and former U.S. Senator from North Carolina was charged after a two-year investigation into whether he used campaign contributions to cover up an extramarital affair.
He has pleaded not guilty to four counts of illegal campaign contributions and charges of conspiracy and making false statements.
north carolina, national/world
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 46 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 30 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
15 min ago