Utah man accused of eating live baby rat
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- A Utah man faces an animal cruelty charge after a Facebook video surfaced showing him eating what appeared to be a live baby rat.
Thirty-one-year-old Andy Ray Harris of Tooele was charged with the misdemeanor in April after authorities viewed the video. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals reported it to police. PETA's Martin Mersereau says the organization received complaints about the video in March. Toole authorities say they recognized the man in the video as Harris from his previous interactions with police. The video shows a man putting what appears to be a tiny, hairless rat in his mouth, chewing it up and swallowing it. Harris has pleaded not guilty to the charges. A message left for his defense attorney wasn't returned.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos