Boy dies after jumping in pool at Pa. resort
ELYSBURG, PA -- A 6-year-old boy died after jumping into a pool at an amusement park in eastern Pennsylvania.
The accident happened in the early afternoon Wednesday at Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, about 95 miles northwest of Philadelphia. The resort says in a statement that the boy was found under water and lifeguards were not able to resuscitate him.
WNEP-TV reports the boy and he was then taken to a nearby hospital by ambulance. The boy's name was not released.
Knoebels spokesman Joe Muscato told the Standard-Speaker newspaper of Hazleton that witnesses had seen the boy jumping in and out of the shallow end of Crystal Pool. Knoebels says in a statement that initial reports were that the boy had hit his head, but that turned not to be true.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror 58 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 50 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 34 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages 24 min ago
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- Steelers' coach slapped with six-figure fine 29 min ago