Boy dies after jumping in pool at Pa. resort
ELYSBURG, PA -- A 6-year-old boy died after jumping into a pool at an amusement park in eastern Pennsylvania.
The accident happened in the early afternoon Wednesday at Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, about 95 miles northwest of Philadelphia. The resort says in a statement that the boy was found under water and lifeguards were not able to resuscitate him.
WNEP-TV reports the boy and he was then taken to a nearby hospital by ambulance. The boy's name was not released.
Knoebels spokesman Joe Muscato told the Standard-Speaker newspaper of Hazleton that witnesses had seen the boy jumping in and out of the shallow end of Crystal Pool. Knoebels says in a statement that initial reports were that the boy had hit his head, but that turned not to be true.
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 21 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 3 dead
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry 10 min ago
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 19 min ago
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies