MD man gets 10 years for taping nude women
ANNAPOLIS, MD -- A Maryland man has pleaded guilty to breaking into homes and secretly recording videos of hundreds of unsuspecting nude women.
Thirty-five-year-old Charles Novak of Crofton was sentenced to 10 years in jail Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court for burglary and other charges. He was also ordered to register as a sex offender.
Novak was arrested in December after a woman told police she found a man sitting in a car in her garage. Officers found Novak, who had a camera with videos of nude women who didn't appear to be aware they were being recorded.
Prosecutors say Novak had 2,282 video clips of 260 different women. Some of the women have been identified, but many have not.
Novak's attorney says his client is obsessive-compulsive and wants to get help.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course