Noise prompts restaurant to ban young kids
MONROEVILLE, PA (KTRK) -- We all know the phrase "no shirt, no shoes, no service" but one restaurant in Pennsylvania is adding something else to the list -- no kids.
The restaurant doesn't want those younger and sometimes noisier guests to ruin the dining experience for others.
"Nothing wrong with babies, but the fact is you can't control their volume. And there may be restaurants that prefer to cater to such things, not here," said restaurant owner Mike Vuick. "I think it's the height of being impolite and selfish."
The ban is stirring up some outrage among parents with young children but the owner still feels confident most of his patrons will support his decision.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course