Cops: Naked man swimming in water near NY airport
NEW YORK -- Authorities say a man was found swimming naked in a waterway next to the fuel farm of New York's Kennedy Airport.A spokesman for the airport's operator, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, says airport patrols spotted the swimmer Tuesday morning.
The spokesman, Steven Coleman, says the man ran toward the fuel farm when the patrols approached. He was caught near a boat dock and never entered the restricted area.
The man was taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. He has been charged with criminal trespass, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Perimeter security plans are the airports' responsibility, but they're approved by the Transportation Security Administration.
new york, national/world
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load 13 min ago
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- HISD expanding dual language program 35 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?