Cops: Naked man swimming in water near NY airport
NEW YORK -- Authorities say a man was found swimming naked in a waterway next to the fuel farm of New York's Kennedy Airport.A spokesman for the airport's operator, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, says airport patrols spotted the swimmer Tuesday morning.
The spokesman, Steven Coleman, says the man ran toward the fuel farm when the patrols approached. He was caught near a boat dock and never entered the restricted area.
The man was taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. He has been charged with criminal trespass, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Perimeter security plans are the airports' responsibility, but they're approved by the Transportation Security Administration.
new york, national/world
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos