Cops: Naked man swimming in water near NY airport
NEW YORK -- Authorities say a man was found swimming naked in a waterway next to the fuel farm of New York's Kennedy Airport.A spokesman for the airport's operator, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, says airport patrols spotted the swimmer Tuesday morning.
The spokesman, Steven Coleman, says the man ran toward the fuel farm when the patrols approached. He was caught near a boat dock and never entered the restricted area.
The man was taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. He has been charged with criminal trespass, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Perimeter security plans are the airports' responsibility, but they're approved by the Transportation Security Administration.
new york, national/world
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston 25 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos