Mother, baby jump from car amid carjacking in Md.
BETHESDA, MD -- Police say a mother holding a 20-month-old baby jumped out of a car while it was being driven by a carjacker on the Capital Beltway in Maryland.Maryland State Police say the 24-year-old mother had a cut on her head, but the baby was not hurt. Witnesses told police that a man forcibly entered the woman's car at a gas station in Baltimore about 10 p.m. Wednesday, and drove away with the woman and baby inside.
The car later sideswiped a state police cruiser on Interstate 95, and was chased by police onto Interstate 495. The car was eventually pulled over.
The suspect was arrested and charged with fleeing and eluding police, hit and run, and negligent driving.
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 31 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended 46 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted 55 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 41 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond