Mother, baby jump from car amid carjacking in Md.
BETHESDA, MD -- Police say a mother holding a 20-month-old baby jumped out of a car while it was being driven by a carjacker on the Capital Beltway in Maryland.Maryland State Police say the 24-year-old mother had a cut on her head, but the baby was not hurt. Witnesses told police that a man forcibly entered the woman's car at a gas station in Baltimore about 10 p.m. Wednesday, and drove away with the woman and baby inside.
The car later sideswiped a state police cruiser on Interstate 95, and was chased by police onto Interstate 495. The car was eventually pulled over.
The suspect was arrested and charged with fleeing and eluding police, hit and run, and negligent driving.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- 13 Things to Know for Monday 59 min ago
- HISD security officer goes before judge today
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos