Mother, baby jump from car amid carjacking in Md.
BETHESDA, MD -- Police say a mother holding a 20-month-old baby jumped out of a car while it was being driven by a carjacker on the Capital Beltway in Maryland.Maryland State Police say the 24-year-old mother had a cut on her head, but the baby was not hurt. Witnesses told police that a man forcibly entered the woman's car at a gas station in Baltimore about 10 p.m. Wednesday, and drove away with the woman and baby inside.
The car later sideswiped a state police cruiser on Interstate 95, and was chased by police onto Interstate 495. The car was eventually pulled over.
The suspect was arrested and charged with fleeing and eluding police, hit and run, and negligent driving.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 58 min ago
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 32 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 57 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 40 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident