17-year-old arrested in killing of Georgia deputy
JONESBORO, GA -- Police say they have arrested a teenager suspected of fatally shooting a sheriff's deputy south of Atlanta.Clayton County Sheriff Kem Kimbrough said Thursday that 17-year-old Jonathan Bun of Riverdale was arrested in the killing of deputy Rick Daly.
At least 40 police officers were involved in a manhunt after the shooting Wednesday.
The sheriff says Daly was making a traffic stop so officers could serve a warrant on Bun for an armed robbery charge when the shooting occurred.
He says the 55-year-old Daly had been in law enforcement for more than two decades.
Kimbrough says it's the first time a Clayton County deputy has been killed in the line of duty.
The sheriff says Bun is being treated at a hospital for bites from a police dog.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 35 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 32 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant