Libyan rebels: NATO airstrike kills Gadhafi's son
BENGHAZI, Libya -- A Libyan rebel spokesman says his side has unconfirmed reports that Moammar Gadhafi's youngest son has been killed in a NATO airstrike on the western town of Zlitan.
Mohammad al-Rajali says rebel reports have Khamis Gadhafi as being among 33 troops killed in a NATO strike early Friday on a government operations center in Zlitan.
Officials in the Libyan capital Tripoli could not be reach for comment.
NATO says there has been bombing around Zlitan on Thursday. An alliance spokesman in Brussels said Friday that NATO could not verify the report.
Zlitan is 90 miles (140 kilometers) southeast of Tripoli. Khamis runs Libya's 32nd Brigade, which has been fighting the rebels in Zlitan.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 28 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 2 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising 49 min ago