7 troops die in day's clashes in Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan -- The U.S.-led coalition is reporting that two more NATO service members have been killed in Afghanistan. The deaths raise Thursday's toll to seven international troops killed in the country.
The deaths raise Thursday's toll to seven international troops killed in the country.
France's defense ministry says one of its soldiers died in a roadside bomb explosion in eastern Afghanistan. The coalition says the other was killed in an insurgent attack in the south.
Earlier, U.S. military officials said five American troops died in a roadside bombing Thursday in the south.
So far this year, 376 American and other NATO service members have died in the war in Afghanistan.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 31 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 46 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 43 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
59 min ago