7 troops die in day's clashes in Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan -- The U.S.-led coalition is reporting that two more NATO service members have been killed in Afghanistan. The deaths raise Thursday's toll to seven international troops killed in the country.
The deaths raise Thursday's toll to seven international troops killed in the country.
France's defense ministry says one of its soldiers died in a roadside bomb explosion in eastern Afghanistan. The coalition says the other was killed in an insurgent attack in the south.
Earlier, U.S. military officials said five American troops died in a roadside bombing Thursday in the south.
So far this year, 376 American and other NATO service members have died in the war in Afghanistan.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 9 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 33 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife 37 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus 25 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 23 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!
- Students prep for national robotics...
29 min ago