US skier tossed off team over in-flight urination
NEW YORK -- The U.S. Ski Team has dismissed an 18-year-old member of its development squad after he was accused of getting drunk and then urinating on a fellow passenger aboard a JetBlue flight.
Robert "Sandy" Vietze, of Warren, Vt., was detained by police at New York's Kennedy Airport on Wednesday after arriving on a flight from Portland, Ore.
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association emailed a statement Friday to The Associated Press. It says Vietze had been dismissed from the team for conduct violations.
No one has been answering the phone at the family's home.
A spokeswoman for the Port Authority Police initially told the AP that federal prosecutors had decided not to pursue charges. A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office, however, says the case is pending.
new york, oregon, national/world
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course