US skier tossed off team over in-flight urination
NEW YORK -- The U.S. Ski Team has dismissed an 18-year-old member of its development squad after he was accused of getting drunk and then urinating on a fellow passenger aboard a JetBlue flight.
Robert "Sandy" Vietze, of Warren, Vt., was detained by police at New York's Kennedy Airport on Wednesday after arriving on a flight from Portland, Ore.
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association emailed a statement Friday to The Associated Press. It says Vietze had been dismissed from the team for conduct violations.
No one has been answering the phone at the family's home.
A spokeswoman for the Port Authority Police initially told the AP that federal prosecutors had decided not to pursue charges. A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office, however, says the case is pending.
new york, oregon, national/world
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents die from blunt force trauma 9 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test 38 min ago
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach 25 min ago
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 21 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
3 min ago