Babysitter charged after putting baby in stroller in back of moving pickup truck
DAYTONA BEACH, FL (KTRK) -- A Florida babysitter is in trouble after police say she put a baby in the back of a pickup truck, while strapped into a stroller.
Several drivers called 911 after seeing the stroller in the bed of the truck. Police arrested Keyona Davis, 23, in Daytona Beach on Wednesday. They said an officer spotted Davis riding in the bed of pickup truck with the 8-month-old child in a stroller.
Police said the officer stopped the truck and arrested Davis.
Davis later explained to a court that she has been babysitting since she was a teenager and didn't realize police would consider this act endangering a child. She has been ordered by the court to stay away from the child that the court said she neglected during the wild ride.
The infant was not harmed.
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 13 min ago
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 7 min ago
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 14 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time? 33 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Casey Curry's Thursday weather forecast
20 min ago