Sheriff: Facebook boast leads to arrest
YAKIMA, WA -- A suspected reckless motorcycle rider has discovered the law's long arm now reaches into cyberspace. The Yakima County Sheriff's office says they tracked the 19-year-old man down via Facebook.
Deputy Chris Gray says early Monday in a release that the incident began when a man on a motorcycle outran pursuing deputies late last week near Moxee, just east of Yakima.
Authorities later noticed a Facebook posting by a man boasting about eluding officers, as well as a photo on the page of a motorcycle similar to the one they sought.
Gray says that when the suspect was rousted at 4 a.m. Saturday by deputies with both a search warrant and a printout of the page, he acknowledged he was the rider.
The man, whose name was not released, has been charged with reckless driving and other infractions.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 46 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 1 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 35 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake 39 min ago
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store' 33 min ago
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison 17 min ago
- Man held up on his way home from bank 5 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
44 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos