NY socialite receives probation for scarf theft
STAMFORD, CT -- A New York socialite has been granted a special form of probation for stealing two scarves from a Connecticut boutique.
The Greenwich Time reports that 38-year-old Beata Bowman was placed into the state's Accelerated Rehabilitation Program on Tuesday.
Under the terms of her sentence, Bowman will have no criminal record if she completes 100 hours of community service, receives counseling and stays out of trouble for 18 months.
Boman was charged in June with stealing an $11,000 scarf from Richards of Greenwich. Another larceny charge was added after police say a review of surveillance video revealed the earlier theft of a less expensive scarf.
Boman, who was born in Poland, made news in 2008 when she was photographed with Prince Andrew in the French resort town of St. Tropez.
new york, national/world
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County