Woman burned with curling iron in home invasion
ATLANTA, GA -- Police in metro Atlanta say a woman was burned with a curling iron and her husband pistol-whipped during a home invasion.
Fulton County police are investigating the attack early Monday.
WSB-TV reports that the couple had just returned home from a late-night movie and found intruders hiding in their garage.
Authorities say three men, whose faces were covered, attacked the couple and used duct tape to restrain them.
Police say they demanded the code for the safe, and pistol whipped the man and kicked him in the ribs. Authorities say one suspect heated up a curling iron and used it to burn the man's wife.
Police say the husband gave the men the code and they took cash, a computer, a gun and several other items.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer