Police: Bowie State student fatally stabs roommate
BOWIE, MD -- Maryland State Police say an 18-year-old Bowie State University student was fatally stabbed by her roommate during a fight in a campus dormitory.
Prince George's County police were called around 8 p.m. Thursday for a report of a cutting at the school and responded with university officers.
Police identified the victim as Dominique Frazier of Washington, who was a student at Bowie State. Frazier was found unconscious in a second-floor hallway. Authorities say she was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say the suspect is Frazier's 19-year-old roommate. Investigators believe the two women got into an argument in their suite that turned into a fight.
The roommate fled but later turned herself in to county police. Police have not identified her until charges are filed.
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged 19 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home