Police: Bowie State student fatally stabs roommate
BOWIE, MD -- Maryland State Police say an 18-year-old Bowie State University student was fatally stabbed by her roommate during a fight in a campus dormitory.
Prince George's County police were called around 8 p.m. Thursday for a report of a cutting at the school and responded with university officers.
Police identified the victim as Dominique Frazier of Washington, who was a student at Bowie State. Frazier was found unconscious in a second-floor hallway. Authorities say she was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say the suspect is Frazier's 19-year-old roommate. Investigators believe the two women got into an argument in their suite that turned into a fight.
The roommate fled but later turned herself in to county police. Police have not identified her until charges are filed.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 5 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 27 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug