Police: Bowie State student fatally stabs roommate
BOWIE, MD -- Maryland State Police say an 18-year-old Bowie State University student was fatally stabbed by her roommate during a fight in a campus dormitory.
Prince George's County police were called around 8 p.m. Thursday for a report of a cutting at the school and responded with university officers.
Police identified the victim as Dominique Frazier of Washington, who was a student at Bowie State. Frazier was found unconscious in a second-floor hallway. Authorities say she was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say the suspect is Frazier's 19-year-old roommate. Investigators believe the two women got into an argument in their suite that turned into a fight.
The roommate fled but later turned herself in to county police. Police have not identified her until charges are filed.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time! 50 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin 52 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak