11-month-old twins die after being left in bathtub
EAST TROY, WI -- The police chief of a Wisconsin village says twin babies died after their mother left them unattended in a bathtub.
Chief Alan Boyes says the 11-month-old boy and girl were not breathing when officers arrived at an apartment building in East Troy on Thursday afternoon. The officers performed CPR on the babies, who were taken to a local hospital where they were pronounced dead.
Boyes says the father of the twins was not home at the time the babies were found unresponsive. The coroner says the autopsies were under way on Friday.
The chief says no one is in custody. He says two other children in the apartment were turned over to Walworth County social services for placement.
East Troy is about 30 miles southwest of Milwaukee.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Share Your Holidays Food Drive 29 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K 36 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos