Woman asks Facebook friends to report her robbery
CHATTANOOGA, TN -- A Tennessee woman has found a unique use for her Facebook account: reporting a robbery.
Chattanooga Police said 20-year-old Rolanda Hill answered a knock at her door Sunday night and a man stuck a gun through the open door and forced his way inside. He demanded money while holding Hill at gunpoint and took cash and her cell phone.
Deprived of her phone, Hill used her computer to report the crime to her Facebook friends and asked them to call police. Someone did and police responded at about 9:30 p.m.
Police are following up leads, but there was no immediate arrest in the robbery.
tennessee, facebook, national/world
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 57 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 45 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 37 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret 44 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
44 min ago
- Residents upset over planned housing project
40 min ago