Officials: Couple attacked by bear inside Pa. home
NEWPORT, PA -- Officials say a bear attacked a couple inside their central Pennsylvania home, sending both people to a hospital.
Pennsylvania Game Commission spokesman Jerry Feaser says the attack happened Monday morning in Oliver Township. He says the couple's dog was outside and ran into the home, followed by the bear.
Feaser says the man inside the home was scratched and bitten and a woman was attacked as she tried to chase the animal away.
Emergency dispatchers say both were taken to Harrisburg Hospital with unspecified injuries.
State police in Newport directed inquiries to the Pennsylvania Game Commission.
Oliver Township is near Newport in largely rural Perry County, about 20 miles northwest of Harrisburg.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 54 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today 9 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
35 min ago