Officials: Couple attacked by bear inside Pa. home
NEWPORT, PA -- Officials say a bear attacked a couple inside their central Pennsylvania home, sending both people to a hospital.
Pennsylvania Game Commission spokesman Jerry Feaser says the attack happened Monday morning in Oliver Township. He says the couple's dog was outside and ran into the home, followed by the bear.
Feaser says the man inside the home was scratched and bitten and a woman was attacked as she tried to chase the animal away.
Emergency dispatchers say both were taken to Harrisburg Hospital with unspecified injuries.
State police in Newport directed inquiries to the Pennsylvania Game Commission.
Oliver Township is near Newport in largely rural Perry County, about 20 miles northwest of Harrisburg.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas 34 min ago
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Tornado Warning for two area counties 4 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 59 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos