Detectives investigate shooting at NC mall
FAYETTEVILLE, NC -- Authorities say gunfire erupted at a North Carolina mall as holiday shoppers gathered, though there are no reports of any injuries. No evacuation was ordered, but several shoppers left the mall and some smaller stores closed.
The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says detectives are looking for two suspects after gunfire rang out at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville early this morning.
The first shots were fired around 2 a.m. outside the mall near a food court entrance. Investigators say several more shots were fired after one of the suspects ran inside the mall.
Investigators say no one with gunshot wounds has shown up at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, when merchants can make 25 to 40 percent of their annual revenue.
north carolina, national/world
- One dead, two injured in Colorado school shooting 6 min ago
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Volunteers with local relief agency return from Philippines 29 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos