Suspect in daughter killing due in NJ court today
FREEHOLD, NJ -- The New Jersey man charged with killing his 2-year-old daughter and leaving her in a park creek, still strapped into her car seat, is due in a New Jersey courtroom this afternoon.
Arthur Morgan III was arrested Tuesday in San Diego, and agreed to return to his home state to stand trial.
Morgan is charged with the murder of Tierra Morgan-Glover, whose body was found Nov. 22 in a creek in Wall Township.
He had picked the child up from her mother's house in Lakehurst, about 20 miles south of the park, but failed to return her, prompting her to call police.
Besides the murder charge, Morgan's also charged with custody violation and interstate flight to avoid apprehension.
new jersey, national/world
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day'
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- 'Operation Safe-T-Net' results in child porn charges 52 min ago
- Houston car thieves' wish list 44 min ago
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos