Suspect in daughter killing due in NJ court today
FREEHOLD, NJ -- The New Jersey man charged with killing his 2-year-old daughter and leaving her in a park creek, still strapped into her car seat, is due in a New Jersey courtroom this afternoon.
Arthur Morgan III was arrested Tuesday in San Diego, and agreed to return to his home state to stand trial.
Morgan is charged with the murder of Tierra Morgan-Glover, whose body was found Nov. 22 in a creek in Wall Township.
He had picked the child up from her mother's house in Lakehurst, about 20 miles south of the park, but failed to return her, prompting her to call police.
Besides the murder charge, Morgan's also charged with custody violation and interstate flight to avoid apprehension.
new jersey, national/world
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos