Student suspended for photographing sleeping teacher
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KTRK) -- A high school student in Oklahoma City has been suspended because he took a picture of a teacher taking a nap in class.
The student saw his substitute teacher snoozing and decided to snap a picture. Little did he know he was the one who would get in trouble. The school district won't go into too much detail about why they suspended him, but they do say using a phone during the school day is against the rules.
"I agree with that policy, but maybe that was the only way to prove the teacher was sleeping," said parent Sandy Ruminer. "If the teacher was sleeping, then the school needs to investigate that."
As for the napping teacher, the school says that is not tolerated and they will take appropriate action.
So who do you agree with in this situation? Should the student have been punished for breaking the rules? Join the conversation by going to our Facebook page and clicking the 'like' button'
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 15 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 42 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 55 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 30 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 1 min ago
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 18 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 14 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
14 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
9 min ago