Student suspended for photographing sleeping teacher
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KTRK) -- A high school student in Oklahoma City has been suspended because he took a picture of a teacher taking a nap in class.
The student saw his substitute teacher snoozing and decided to snap a picture. Little did he know he was the one who would get in trouble. The school district won't go into too much detail about why they suspended him, but they do say using a phone during the school day is against the rules.
"I agree with that policy, but maybe that was the only way to prove the teacher was sleeping," said parent Sandy Ruminer. "If the teacher was sleeping, then the school needs to investigate that."
As for the napping teacher, the school says that is not tolerated and they will take appropriate action.
So who do you agree with in this situation? Should the student have been punished for breaking the rules? Join the conversation by going to our Facebook page and clicking the 'like' button'
- Homeowner shoots intruder in NW Harris County 56 min ago
- HISD meet to discuss new budget proposal 15 min ago
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bicyclist hit by SUV in Walmart parking lot in NW Harris Co. 59 min ago
- Uncle: Aaron Hernandez had connection to murder victim 26 min ago
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy 52 min ago
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 25 min ago
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos