Student suspended for photographing sleeping teacher
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KTRK) -- A high school student in Oklahoma City has been suspended because he took a picture of a teacher taking a nap in class.
The student saw his substitute teacher snoozing and decided to snap a picture. Little did he know he was the one who would get in trouble. The school district won't go into too much detail about why they suspended him, but they do say using a phone during the school day is against the rules.
"I agree with that policy, but maybe that was the only way to prove the teacher was sleeping," said parent Sandy Ruminer. "If the teacher was sleeping, then the school needs to investigate that."
As for the napping teacher, the school says that is not tolerated and they will take appropriate action.
So who do you agree with in this situation? Should the student have been punished for breaking the rules? Join the conversation by going to our Facebook page and clicking the 'like' button'
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 53 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 54 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game