Grandmother's remains found inside storage unit
CLEARWATER, FL -- Police in Florida found a woman's skeletal remains, which were being kept in a storage unit.
The discovery Thursday came after the manager of the self-storage business in Clearwater called a woman because she was behind on her rent. The woman told him her grandmother was in the storage unit.
Police found the remains inside a blue coffin.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the woman told police her own mother told her about the remains as she was on her deathbed last year.
Police recovered a death certificate for the woman, who died in 1995. Medical examiners told police the grandmother's body had been properly processed for burial but it was unclear why she was in the storage unit.
Police say they don't believe she died under suspicious circumstances.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale