Grandmother's remains found inside storage unit
CLEARWATER, FL -- Police in Florida found a woman's skeletal remains, which were being kept in a storage unit.
The discovery Thursday came after the manager of the self-storage business in Clearwater called a woman because she was behind on her rent. The woman told him her grandmother was in the storage unit.
Police found the remains inside a blue coffin.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the woman told police her own mother told her about the remains as she was on her deathbed last year.
Police recovered a death certificate for the woman, who died in 1995. Medical examiners told police the grandmother's body had been properly processed for burial but it was unclear why she was in the storage unit.
Police say they don't believe she died under suspicious circumstances.
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 39 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Man banned from Walmart for life
29 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos