200 cats removed from woman's upstate NY home
HOPEWELL JUNCTION, NY -- An upstate New York woman has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say they removed 200 cats from her home.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that officials with the Dutchess County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals say they removed 153 cats and three dogs from Anna Wurtzburger's home in Hopewell Junction last Saturday.
Last month, SPCA officers say they removed 47 cats from the same home.
Wurzburger has been charged with 41 counts of animal cruelty. SPCA officials say their investigation is continuing and additional charges will be sought.
The newspaper reports that Wurzburger disputes the claims.
new york, national/world
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Will the mascots remain the same?
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 9 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death 11 min ago
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond 50 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive? 49 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- House approves budget bill; now goes to Senate
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
29 min ago