200 cats removed from woman's upstate NY home
HOPEWELL JUNCTION, NY -- An upstate New York woman has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say they removed 200 cats from her home.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that officials with the Dutchess County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals say they removed 153 cats and three dogs from Anna Wurtzburger's home in Hopewell Junction last Saturday.
Last month, SPCA officers say they removed 47 cats from the same home.
Wurzburger has been charged with 41 counts of animal cruelty. SPCA officials say their investigation is continuing and additional charges will be sought.
The newspaper reports that Wurzburger disputes the claims.
new york, national/world
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase 58 min ago
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items 56 min ago
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos