Murder victim's dad lunges at suspect in court
SPRINGFIELD, MA -- A murder victim's father and stepfather lunged at the man accused of killing her during his arraignment in a Massachusetts courtroom and were charged with disrupting court proceedings.
Edwin Rojas and Kenneth Soto pleaded not guilty to the charges on Tuesday. Rojas is also facing assault and battery charges for allegedly punching the suspect in the face.
The two men had to be subdued by court officers on Monday during the arraignment of Jose Santiago, Jessica Rojas' on-and-off boyfriend who's accused of killing her in front of witnesses.
Rojas is the father of Jessica Rojas, who was stabbed to death in her apartment early Saturday morning, just hours after celebrating her 25th birthday. Soto is her stepfather.
Santiago was held without bail after pleading not guilty.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident 55 min ago
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Drugs involved in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co., say deputies
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves 10 min ago
- 13 Things to Know for Friday 59 min ago
- Hot, humid and breezy as we head into weekend 57 min ago
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire 17 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos