Central Florida deputy foils plan to rob iPads
ORLANDO, FL -- A plot to rob a shipment of Apple's newest iPad from a central Florida store was foiled by an Orange County Sheriff's deputy.
The sheriff's office says 24-year-old Jasmin Roman and 26-year-old Juan Carlos Ortiz Valez bought guns, handcuffs, black clothes and other items to rob the Best Buy store near Orlando's Florida Mall early Thursday.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/x7w2VG ) reports the plot was foiled by a deputy patrolling the area in an unmarked vehicle. The deputy became suspicious after spotting a U-Haul. The couple eventually told arriving deputies of their plan.
Roman, a Best Buy employee, was arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to commit kidnapping with a gun. Valez, a former store employee, was arrested on a count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping with a gun.
florida, apple, national/world
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 13 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 8 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 35 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 16 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 43 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born