Central Florida deputy foils plan to rob iPads
ORLANDO, FL -- A plot to rob a shipment of Apple's newest iPad from a central Florida store was foiled by an Orange County Sheriff's deputy.
The sheriff's office says 24-year-old Jasmin Roman and 26-year-old Juan Carlos Ortiz Valez bought guns, handcuffs, black clothes and other items to rob the Best Buy store near Orlando's Florida Mall early Thursday.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/x7w2VG ) reports the plot was foiled by a deputy patrolling the area in an unmarked vehicle. The deputy became suspicious after spotting a U-Haul. The couple eventually told arriving deputies of their plan.
Roman, a Best Buy employee, was arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to commit kidnapping with a gun. Valez, a former store employee, was arrested on a count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping with a gun.
florida, apple, national/world
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 21 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed 34 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston 21 min ago
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 31 min ago
- Juneteenth celebrations being held in Galveston, Houston 33 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos