Central Florida deputy foils plan to rob iPads
ORLANDO, FL -- A plot to rob a shipment of Apple's newest iPad from a central Florida store was foiled by an Orange County Sheriff's deputy.
The sheriff's office says 24-year-old Jasmin Roman and 26-year-old Juan Carlos Ortiz Valez bought guns, handcuffs, black clothes and other items to rob the Best Buy store near Orlando's Florida Mall early Thursday.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/x7w2VG ) reports the plot was foiled by a deputy patrolling the area in an unmarked vehicle. The deputy became suspicious after spotting a U-Haul. The couple eventually told arriving deputies of their plan.
Roman, a Best Buy employee, was arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to commit kidnapping with a gun. Valez, a former store employee, was arrested on a count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping with a gun.
florida, apple, national/world
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive 12 min ago
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 31 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290