Woman, 3 daughters shot to death at Mo. campground
BALLWIN, MO -- Authorities have identified the four people found fatally shot at a eastern Missouri campground as a 37-year-old mother and her three daughters.
The Crawford County sheriff's department said Monday that Christine Adewunmi, and her three children, 8-year-old Lauren, 6-year-old Samantha and 3-year-old Kate, died of gunshot wounds. The family lived in Ballwin, some 20 miles west of St. Louis.
The sheriff's department said the bodies were found Saturday in a remote area at the Blue Springs Ranch & Resort, about 80 miles southwest of St. Louis. The department said each victim was shot once, and a handgun was found nearby.
Authorities initially said the deaths appeared to be a murder-suicide, but would not comment on a possible motive Monday.
Sheriff Randy Martin said Saturday that autopsies are planned.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods