Woman, 3 daughters shot to death at Mo. campground
BALLWIN, MO -- Authorities have identified the four people found fatally shot at a eastern Missouri campground as a 37-year-old mother and her three daughters.
The Crawford County sheriff's department said Monday that Christine Adewunmi, and her three children, 8-year-old Lauren, 6-year-old Samantha and 3-year-old Kate, died of gunshot wounds. The family lived in Ballwin, some 20 miles west of St. Louis.
The sheriff's department said the bodies were found Saturday in a remote area at the Blue Springs Ranch & Resort, about 80 miles southwest of St. Louis. The department said each victim was shot once, and a handgun was found nearby.
Authorities initially said the deaths appeared to be a murder-suicide, but would not comment on a possible motive Monday.
Sheriff Randy Martin said Saturday that autopsies are planned.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 10 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 2 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91 1 min ago
- Oklahahoma not likely to erect satanic monument
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos