Clemens' lead attorney has a long list of high-profile clients from his Houston firm, including politicians and many other professional athletes.
He persuaded the Supreme Court to overturn a conviction against accounting firm Arthur Andersen and successfully defended the wife of TV evangelist Joel Osteen after a flight attendant said she assaulted her when a spill on her armrest wasn't quickly cleaned up.
Hardin has a reputation for winning jurors over with plenty of Southern charm and colorful quips aimed to bring down opponents. He has indicated that, in the Clemens trial, they plan to explain that McNamee is a habitual liar who fabricated evidence against Clemens to ensure the star pitcher would continue employing him after he lost his job as a Yankees trainer.
- 51 killed after tornadoes rip through Oklahoma 19 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos