Clemens' lead attorney has a long list of high-profile clients from his Houston firm, including politicians and many other professional athletes.
He persuaded the Supreme Court to overturn a conviction against accounting firm Arthur Andersen and successfully defended the wife of TV evangelist Joel Osteen after a flight attendant said she assaulted her when a spill on her armrest wasn't quickly cleaned up.
Hardin has a reputation for winning jurors over with plenty of Southern charm and colorful quips aimed to bring down opponents. He has indicated that, in the Clemens trial, they plan to explain that McNamee is a habitual liar who fabricated evidence against Clemens to ensure the star pitcher would continue employing him after he lost his job as a Yankees trainer.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer