Boy, 5, brings heroin for show and tell
BRIDGEPORT, CT -- Police say a 5-year-old Connecticut boy brought 50 packets of heroin to school for show and tell, and his stepfather has been arrested.
Bridgeport police tell the Connecticut Post that 35-year-old Santos Roman went to the Barnum School on Monday to retrieve the drugs and found police waiting for him. He was detained on $100,000 bail on risk of injury to a minor and drug charges.
Police say the boy wore Roman's jacket to school Monday. When it came time for his show-and-tell presentation, the kindergartner displayed bags of heroin. The teacher confiscated the drugs and told the principal, who called police.
It's not clear if Roman has a lawyer. The boy was put in state custody until other relatives could be located.
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 47 min ago
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep 51 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank 52 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 37 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos