Former Edwards aide's credibility to be attacked
GREENSBORO, NC -- Former John Edwards aide Andrew Young will retake the witness stand for a fourth straight day at the criminal trial of his former boss.
Young will likely face an all-day grilling by the Edwards defense team, which aims to damage his credibility with jurors. The former aide was the first witness called by the prosecution at Edwards' trial, which is underway inside a federal courthouse in North Carolina.
The former Democratic presidential contender has pleaded not guilty to six counts related to nearly $1 million in secret payments from two wealthy donors used to help hide his pregnant mistress as he campaigned for the White House in 2008.
Most of that money flowed through Young, who the defense alleges spent much of the cash to build a $1.5 million house.
north carolina, national/world
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice to linger over much of Texas
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- Crowds smoke pot, celebrate legalization
14 min ago