Former Edwards aide's credibility to be attacked
GREENSBORO, NC -- Former John Edwards aide Andrew Young will retake the witness stand for a fourth straight day at the criminal trial of his former boss.
Young will likely face an all-day grilling by the Edwards defense team, which aims to damage his credibility with jurors. The former aide was the first witness called by the prosecution at Edwards' trial, which is underway inside a federal courthouse in North Carolina.
The former Democratic presidential contender has pleaded not guilty to six counts related to nearly $1 million in secret payments from two wealthy donors used to help hide his pregnant mistress as he campaigned for the White House in 2008.
Most of that money flowed through Young, who the defense alleges spent much of the cash to build a $1.5 million house.
north carolina, national/world
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 1 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 21 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 47 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal