'Miracle' blind baby video inspires hope
Lacey Buchanan never dreamed that a Youtube video she created about her blind baby boy and his rare cleft palate condition would spread virally, racking up some 7 million views and delivering hundreds of personal messages of support to her Facebook and email inboxes.
In the seven-minute video, which she made using her iPhone, the 25-year-old mother from Woodbury, Tenn., describes the triumph of witnessing 14-month-old Christian's giggles in the face of the constant stares and whispers they encounter in public when strangers see her baby.
He was born with an an extremely rare condition called Tessier cleft, which means that he was unable to fully close his mouth, and that his eyes are also clefted such that they never even formed.
Buchanan, who works at a day care center and also attends the Nashville School of Law, said she made the video about their struggle because she wanted her son "to grow up knowing he's important, knowing he has value, despite the way that he looks," Buchanan said.
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 45 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Couple find themselves in middle of armed robbery 22 min ago
- Drunken passenger causes hijack scare in Bali 10 min ago
- Where will calorie labels appear? Not just menus 7 min ago
- Germany finds 265 pounds of cocaine among bananas 5 min ago
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers
- First lady gets resume from girl with jobless dad
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City